I am a doctoral candidate enrolled in the Teaching and Learning department at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. My arrival at this juncture of my life was rather circuitous – taking me through food service, banking, engineering, and teaching. Those diverse careers provided me with a variety of experiences and skill sets that contribute to my success as a graduate student. My love of science led me to become a teacher, with the hope that I would inspire a younger generation to pursue employment in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields. While working in occupations that required the use of technology, I saw first hand how important it is for students to be both knowledgeable and comfortable when it comes to its use. Having taught in public schools for three years I became aware of how important technology can be for effective science learning and instruction in the classroom, both brick and mortar and virtual. It is my dream that one day the use of technology in the classroom and in teacher professional development will be seamless and an expected part of the experience, eliminating the need to specialize in “educational technology”.
Hoping to become a great teacher and educational researcher when I grow up!
- #sls13 2013 School Leadership Summit Academia AERA Arduino art collaboration connectivism creativity digital literacy Discussion Posts distance education Downtown Project Dweck education educational technology Elementary flow gamification global collaboration global learning Google+ grit growth mindset hackerspace Hackidemia Holly Clark immediacy Innovation iste13 Jenny Grant Rankin Kiera Wilmot Las Vegas Science & Technology Festival lifelong learning Maker makerspace Michelle Rhee mindset MOOCs online conference Online Discussions online education online teaching Pheo Martin PLN preservice teachers privacy Reflection research Research Gate screenshots Secondary social networking social networking sites social presence STEAM Stefania Druga STEM Steve Hargadon SYN Shop Tanya Avrith Teacher Education teacher presence teacher unions technology tenure TICAL Community Tony Hsieh Twitter video conferencing Video Post video posts Web 2.0 xMOOCs Zappos
- @SurfaceSupport could someone just DM me with a coupon # for the app store? Kinda need to use it for school. 4 weeks ago
- @Surface My SurfPro4 did not come w/Drawboard PDF installed. No MS store in my town. Help! Checked app list. 4 weeks ago
- RT @raywert: Tonight we light Menorah the Hutt to honor @CarrieFisher. For every RT tonight I'll donate $1 to mental health charity. (cc: @… 1 month ago
- RT @TheOnion: Undecided Debate Viewer Waiting Until He Hears Same Responses For Seventh Time Before Making Decision trib.al/qPrDyiO 4 months ago
- @kellyoxford I was 6 when my pussy was first grabbed, by the apartment manager on multiple occasions. #notokay 4 months ago
Blogs I Follow